By Marketing Specialist – Asia Hebert
Did you know that April 22 is National Girl Scout Leader’s Day? This special holiday is a Girl Scout tradition that has been around for years. While we appreciate everything our volunteers do every day of the year, we want to take this particular day to give you an extra pat on the back for all that you do.
We know that your involvement with Girl Scouts takes time, dedication, and commitment. We hope that with all the hard work it takes to be an outstanding Girl Scout leader that you see the results in the girls you lead. Without you, Girl Scouts would not be able to grow into the go-getters, innovators, risk-takers and leaders that the world needs. So when times get tough and you’re bogged down with paperwork, keep your head up and know that you are making a difference in the lives of girls!
Need some inspiration on how to show your appreciation for the Girl Scout leaders in your life? Check out these tips:
- Have your Girl Scouts plan a special day or event to thank their Girl Scout leaders for all their hard work.
- Make a craft or handmade gift that your Girl Scout leader will appreciate and remember this day by.
- Write a thank you note. Whether it’s an e-mail or handwritten letter, let the Girl Scout leaders in your life know how they have changed your life for the better.
- Share your appreciation on social media. Post a graphic, share a story or just say thank you! Tag your Girl Scout leader and hashtag #NVW2017 (National Volunteer Week 2017).
- Buy her a gift she’ll remember you by. You can shop online on GSUSA’s shop with free shipping until April 24 or visit one of our shops in Lafayette or Shreveport to use our 20% off coupon!
Have a story you would like to share about a Girl Scout volunteer? Be sure to send it our way!